RO reverse osmosis water filtration technology
For filtration processes, the membrane is understood in the usual sense as a barrier to isolate phases, limiting the reciprocal transport of substances in a selective way. The membrane may be either homogeneous or synthetic; may have symmetrical or asymmetrical structures, may be positive or negative, may be neutral in charge but may also carry both types of charge. The process of material transport through the membrane can be carried out under the influence of convection process, molecular diffusion process, due to electromagnetic field, due to the concentration, due to the pressure due to temperature …. The thickness of the film varies widely from 100 100m to several mm
Membrane filtration process can split the stream into 2 separate lines: seepage flow and condensation line. The permeate is the part of the liquid that passes through the membrane while the condensate is the line containing the particles retained in the membrane.
The membrane process has many outstanding advantages:
- Environmentally moderate
- Clean technology and easy to operate
– Can replace many traditional physicochemical processes: filtration, distillation, ion exchange in water treatment process
- Create high quality products
- Favorable for designing highly flexible systems.
Membrane filtration processes are classified based on transmembrane dynamics, membrane type and capillary size … Membrane filtration process in water treatment technology for demineralization and water softening, decolorization and dissolved organic matter, molecules and many other purposes. Especially the process of pure water treatment, pharmaceutical and medical water production … or high-level treatment in wastewater treatment when there is a need for circulation.
FILTER RO stands for two words REVERSE OSMOSIS (REVERSE OSM) The RO membrane is manufactured from Polyamite material, RO filtration technology has been developed and researched since the 50s of the last century and developed into 70s later.
FILTER RO stands for two words REVERSE OSMOSIS (REVERSE OSM) The RO membrane is manufactured from Polyamite material, RO filtration technology has been developed and researched since the 50s of the last century and developed into 70s later. First, it is researched and applied primarily for the maritime and cosmic fields of HOA KY. Invented by Oragin scientist. Later RO technology is widely applied in life and production, such as drinking water production, providing pure water for food, pharmaceutical or laboratory production …
II. Principle of operation
According to an inverse mechanism for conventional osmosis filtering mechanisms, thanks to the gravity of the earth to create the permeability of water molecules through capillaries of the filter core (such as Ceramic ceramic filter core). ). RO filter membrane works on the movement mechanism of water elements thanks to the compression pressure of high pressure pump to create a strong flow (this can be called dissociation process in the main water flow in normal environment thanks to pressure) pushing chemical components, metals, impurities, etc. in water to move strongly, throwing in areas with low pressure or drifting out of water flow along the waste route (like the operating principle of kidney person). In the air, the water molecules pass through the filter eyes of size 0.001 micrometer due to residual pressure, with the size of this filtered eye, most of the chemical components of metal and bacteria cannot pass.
2.1. Reverse osmosis filtration technology (RO)
Describe the section of RO membrane
RO is considered to be the best ultrafiltration membrane or membrane filter since this membrane has a water-repellent hole smaller than the normal bacterial size to over 2,500,000 times. In addition, RO membrane is also capable of removing organic compounds, salt, sugar, detergents, pesticides, dye chemicals … So RO is applied to the production of pure water and truly is the revolution of humanity in the use of pure drinking water to enhance people’s health. These RO systems have been widely applied in all countries. Along with the booming economy in recent years, people’s living standards have continuously improved, the use of clean and domestic water and pure water in Vietnam will constantly develop and integrate into every family. Thus, the health and life expectancy of people go through the new stage.
2.2. Water filtration mechanism of RO system
Filter structure of RO system
- First class: (mechanical filter) PP filter removes dirt, dust, sand, soil, rust and impurities suspended in water with dimensions greater than 5µm.
- Second floor: (activated charcoal filter -1) Floor filtration of small activated carbon removes some organic substances, pesticides, detergents, suspended impurities, unpleasant taste, color as well as heavy metal impurities.
- The third floor: (activated carbon filter -2) Activated carbon filter block enhances the removal of organic substances, pesticides, detergents, suspended impurities, unpleasant taste, color also like heavy metal impurities.
- The fourth floor: (bactericidal filter) The reverse osmosis ultrafiltration floor completely removes soluble salts, heavy metals, bacteria and other compounds with dimensions greater than 0.0001µm and eliminates more than 96 % of salt in water.
- Fifth floor: (activated carbon filter -3) The last activated carbon filter to completely remove unpleasant flavors, create sweet taste and make the water really pure.
Some toxins are removed when filtered by RO reverse osmosis membrane
|Metal||Heavy metal||Anion||Hydro-carbon||Pesticides/ Kill the grass||Bacteria|
|Fe > 98%||Cu > 97%||Flo-ric > 95%||Diesel oils > 97%||PCB > 98%||Bacteria > 98%|
|Mangan > 98%||Mercury > 96%||Cloric > 94%||PAH > 98%||DDT > 98%||E.coli > 99%|
|Al > 98%||Lead > 98%||Nitrat/Nitrite>92%||Haloethane > 98%||Altrazine > 97%||Salmonella>99%|
|H2O> 95%||Crom > 95%||Sunflat > 97%||Trichloromethane>60%||Lindance > 97%||Internal toxin > 98%|